Consultant at Context America
About the Organisation
Context is a corporate sustainability consultancy founded in 1997 with offices in London, Los Angeles and New York. Context helps its global clients understand sustainability and profit from it – by developing leading sustainability strategies and compelling communications. The firm’s practice areas span strategy, reporting, sustainability communications, sustainability and brands, external engagement, responsible investor relations, employee communications and training and event facilitation.
The Context team has three core skills:
- Knowledge of sustainability – environmental, governance and social – issues
- Strong communications and writing abilities
- Professional business consultancy practices
This unique combination enables Context to advise clients on strategic sustainability issues, create focused strategies, and help them communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. Context is also proud to work with some of the world’s leading companies including, Burt’s Bees, Cisco, Citi, the Estée Lauder Companies, HP, Morgan Stanley and Unilever.
About the position
The Consultant will work closely with clients to develop sustainability strategies and communications. This is an ideal opportunity for a hard-working and creative individual with a passion for sustainability to work with leading corporations around sustainability issues.
- Communications strategy – Help devise and implement internal and external sustainability communications strategies for clients, using all media.
- Client Management – Work with clients to develop solutions and sell ideas to senior client staff.
- Sustainability Reporting – Devise, plan and write corporate sustainability reports and other sustainability communications for multinational clients.
- Project Support – Conduct analytical research and strategic planning in support of the team.
- Business Development – Identify new business opportunities.
- At least 2-5 years of professional experience required with previous experience working in the corporate sustainability/CR field and/or management consulting preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree ideally in a related discipline, master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an ability to write clearly in English under time constraints.
- A passion for sustainability and a desire to be fluent in the full range of corporate sustainability issues.
- A keen interest in business and an understanding of the corporate world.
- An outgoing personality with a knack for relationship building and passion for client service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A full understanding of digital communications media.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
New York City
Qualified individuals please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Context’s three month internship programme is designed to give successful applicants experience in a professional consultancy environment advising on sustainability strategy and communications.
Context interns get involved in all aspects of our work, including research, writing, client meetings and brainstorming sessions. As a guide, this may include:
- Writing briefing documents and PowerPoint presentations
- Researching and writing copy for reports
- Writing case studies
- Proof reading and formatting
- Taking notes at meetings
- Writing blog entries and news stories for our website
- Benchmarking and sector comparison exercises
- Researching and writing GRI reports
- Providing research for stakeholder engagement events
- Researching and booking outside venues for events
- Participating in meetings, brainstorming sessions and events.
You will also have some specific responsibilities such as updating our marketing database.
What we’re looking for
We look for interns who are enthusiastic, hard working and creative. You will have a degree and be able to demonstrate a commitment to pursuing a career in corporate sustainability consulting. This may come from your studies or some work experience you have recently done.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential as a large part of our work is writing and we also want you to feel comfortable and confident when speaking to clients. You need to be confident working with data and a proficient user of Word, Excel and Powerpoint. You must also be prepared to help out with some administration tasks that are a part of running a business.
We don’t think anyone should work for free. We expect a lot from our interns and think it’s fair that they are properly rewarded.
How to apply
To register your interest in future internships in London, please send your CV and a letter, explaining how you meet our requirements and why you would make a great intern, to Pete Statham at Pete.Statham@contexteurope.com
Interested in applying to our internship programme in New York? We want to hear from you! Please send a resume and cover letter on why you would be a great fit to Jana Holt at email@example.com.
Our business is growing, so we’re always on the look-out for great people to join our team. If you’re a creative thinker with a passion for sustainability and strong writing and project management skills, we’d like to hear from you.
All our consultants get fully involved in helping clients develop and communicate their sustainability strategies – working with recognised sustainability leaders as well as companies just starting out.
To apply, write to us explaining why you’d make a great sustainability consultant, and attach a copy of your CV.
UK: Peter Knight
US: Jaycee Pribulsky